BURFORD UNITED CHURCH
“Love one another,” says Jesus. (John 13:34)
Sometimes love looks like a hug, or a hand to hold, or a smile, and sometimes love looks like keeping distance. In these COVID days tangible things like social distancing, wearing a mask, practicing hand hygiene, and rigorous cleaning practices are ways of showing love for self and others. This is hard, I know, especially for those of us who are huggers. But this same spirit of love unites us as one in Christ even when we must physically keep distant. The following guidelines and protocols are in keeping with recommendation from Public Health and The United Church of Canada. Know that here your safety and well-being, both spiritually and physically, are paramount.
Guidelines and protocol for worship
- Stay at home if you are feeling ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (fever, a new or worsening cough, headache, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of smell or sense of taste).
- Church entry will be at the Alexander St. door. Do not arrive before 9:15 a.m.
- Please line up 6 feet apart on the walkway outside as per designated markers to await entry
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Screening questions are reviewed upon entering the church.
- Masks are mandatory inside the church and must completely cover mouth, nose and chin.
- Sanitize hands upon entering the building and also when leaving.
- Your name, contact information and public health screening questions will be recorded for tracing purposes.
- You must wait to be ushered to a seat. Seating will be from the front of the sanctuary to the back. Ushers will control flow of foot traffic in the building. Exiting will be from the back to the front.
- There will be no congregational singing at this time.
- Please deposit your offerings in the plate at the rear of the sanctuary upon entry or when leaving the building.
- There will be no access to the Sunday Schoolroom, the nursery, or the kitchen.
- One washroom only will be available and will be cleaned frequently.
- Exit the church by the Alexander St. door.